Lattice Top Installation Instructions
- Set your posts 70” on center. (66” between posts).
- After allowing concrete to set, slide your bottom rail into the posts. (Bottom rail is 1½” x 5½” with one 1” rip).
- Slip the tongue and groove into the bottom rail, starting with groove against post, ending with board that has had the tongue removed against the next post. (This will take 11 boards including the one with the tongue removed).
- Install the middle rail. (Middle rail is 1½” x 5½” with 1” rip on 1¼” rip)
- Lay the lattice into the rip of the middle rail.
- Slide the U-Channel down the ends of the lattice, between the lattice and the post.
- Slip the top rail over the lattice. (Top rail is 2” x 3½” with one ¼” rip). Use a standard screwdriver to gently pry apart the rip as it slides over the lattice.
- Glue caps and U-Channel to the posts.
- Use the screws and screw covers to attach the rails to the posts on the face of the post.
- NOTE: These instructions are based on 66” panels. If you have specialty panels, the 1” x 6” boards can be ripped to obtain the proper opening size.
Posted in: installation