Narrow Picket Installation Instructions
- Set your posts in the ground 2’ in cement 73” post center to post center. (69” between posts.)
- Using a hard surface, lay out your pickets with the predrilled holes facing up.
- Align the rails on top of the pickets. Using a rubber mallet or finishing hammer, drive the fasteners through the rails into the back side of the pickets.
- After the cement has had proper time to cure (3 – 4 days), slide your assembled panels into the prerouted posts.
- Glue the picket caps to the top of each picket by applying a small amount of glue in the picket and placing the cap upon the picket.
- Glue the caps to the posts by applying a small amount of glue on two sides of the inside cap and placing the cap on the post.
- Use the screws and screw cap covers to attach the rails to the posts on the face of the post. (Make sure your pickets are parallel to the post before inserting the screws.)
- Some initial clean up may be required after installing your fence. We recommend “Simple Green.”
Posted in: installation