Solid Installation Instructions
- Set your posts in the ground 2’ in cement 70” post center to post center. (66” between posts).
- After the cement has had proper time to cure (3 – 4 days), slide your bottom rail into the posts. (Bottom rails are 1½” x 5½” with one 1” rip.)
- Slip the tongue and groove into the bottom rail, starting with the groove against the post, ending with the board that has had the tongue removed against the next post. (This will take 11 boards, including the one with the tongue removed.)
- Slip the top rail over the tongue and grooved boards. (Top rails are 1½” x 5½” with one 1” rip.) Use a standard screwdriver to gently pry apart the rip as it slides over the boards.
- Glue the caps to the posts by applying a small amount of glue on two sides of the inside of the cap and placing the cap on the post.
- Use the screws and screw cap covers to attach the rails to the posts on the face of the post.
- Some initial clean up may be required after installing your fence. We recommend “Simple Green”.
- NOTE: These instructions are based on 66” panels. If you have specialty panels, the 1” x 6” boards can be ripped to obtain the proper opening size.
Posted in: installation